One Club Sucks Customer Reviews and Feedback

From Everything.Sucks

The One Club is an American non-profit organization that recognizes and promotes excellence in advertising. Founded in New York City as The One Club for Art & Copy, The One Club produces four annual award competitions: One Show, One Show Design, One Show Interactive and One Show Entertainment. The One Show Festival is held in accord with Creative Week NYC.

A former employee anonymously mentioned, "10% of those working at the One Club are happy, the other 90% are stuck and afraid to move on. The CEO and all upper management, take a very hands off approach, which results in nobody being accountable for anything. If somebody has a problem with you, it is rare that they will address you to your face. There's a real lack of passion and motivation at this company. The majority view it as a job to endure through. If you are freelance, you are unlikely to get respect or even acknowledgment. If you are full time, you can expect folks to talk behind your back. The entire place really operates like a middle school lunch room- with blind, deaf teachers. Think about it. My advice to anyone considering applying or taking a job here is to keep looking. Seriously."

Reviews

Tell the world why One Club sucks!
CLICK TO RATE

I certify that this review is based on my own experiece and is my opinion of this person or business. I have not been offered any incentive or payment to write this review.

Refresh

Enter Code

Former Employee - Marketing says

"I worked at The One Club full-time Cons: I've gone back and forth about writing a review because I really did love some of my coworkers, but I can't let people make the same mistake I did and get sucked into this truly toxic workplace. Here's just a small sample of problems that I experienced: —a culture of misogyny, racism, and ableism which comes from the top (ironic right!?) (ex. CEO frequently says the word "retarded", once referred to a woman on a panel as "flabby lips", thinks that every Black person that comes in for an interview should be on the Diversity & Inclusion team, no matter which role they applied for) —an executive team that has absolutely no trust in the mid-level employees who are actually the most talented, hardworking, and intelligent people at the company —management that's completely unequipped to solve any interpersonal conflicts —no HR team (one person who is called the HR person but hates being the HR person and is not who you want to be talking to about your problems) —no middle management —no meetings run by anyone other than exec —no room for growth, professional development, or upward mobility of any kind —long hours having to "volunteer" at events in addition to your full-time job —a shocking amount of gossip —extremely jaded coworkers who have been there way too long (ex. in my first week, I was told to ask someone to do something and when I did, he said "I'm not f*cking doing that"...) but you kind of get it because they hate their lives which is relatable af —tools & processes that are stuck in the stone age (no laptops, took meeting notes by hand, extremely slow desktops, no software or programs to help you do your job) —a general level of incompetence previously unforeseen at any other job and not seen since—if you're used to an environment where things moved fast and people got stuff done, get ready to be constantly infuriated I used to see people coming in for interviews and wished that I could silently signal to them that they should run out the door. Trust me, you don't want to work here."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee says

"I worked at The One Club full-time Cons: 10% of those working at the One Club are happy, the other 90% are stuck and afraid to move on. The CEO (and all upper management) take a very hands off approach, which results in nobody being accountable for anything. If somebody has a problem with you, it is rare that they will address you to your face. There's a real lack of passion and motivation at this company. The majority view it as a job to endure through. If you are freelance, you are unlikely to get respect or even acknowledgment. If you are full time, you can expect folks to talk behind your back. The entire place really operates like a middle school lunch room- with blind, deaf teachers. Think about it. My advice to anyone considering applying or taking a job here is to keep looking. Seriously."

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor says

"I worked at The One Club for less than a year Cons: It's commonly recognized that no one gets along with the CEO, and some pretty nasty rumors swirl around the office about him. He stacks up payroll with his family members and friends of the family but shorts the rest of the staff. Regardless of your experience or work ethic, you WILL be paid less and be given less opportunity than someone he knows from his personal life. He isn't the best boss to have if you're a woman or POC, because he won't really look you in the eye until he needs to exploit your diversity to make the company look good. Not sure if it's related to the disconnect between the CEO and upper management, but managers will ignore you completely rather than give you bad news. This often seems like a side effect of the CEO keeping management from doing what they know is right, but the burden falls on lower employees who can't get any information or resolutions. Expect management to be dismissive if you have any issues with things like your paycheck, hours, etc."

Everything.sucks is a non-profit organization and communications forum for social activism. This website allows users a voice to share their point of view online about what sucks in the world.

We occasionally buy a dot sucks domain and point it at a specific page. We do this to bring awareness to our site and because, well, we love the dot sucks domain. If you ask us if we would sell the domain, our answer is simple. Absolutely not. We will give it to you.

If the domain pointing at this page inspires passion in you and you want to build a fuller site around it, you can have it. That’s right, we will simply give it to you. We want to promote more sites on the Internet where people can share their voices.

To make it as simple as possible for you to have this domain, simply take this Authorization Code to your favourite domain name registrar, and they can transfer it right to you.

AUTH CODE: KeD+0l:Y$bZiy\4X

We are all about feedback. If you have some thoughts for us, you can email us at feedback@everything.sucks